The Garrison Forums

The Garrison Forums (http://www.thegarrison.eu/forum/index.php)
-   The Garrison Visitor's Center (http://www.thegarrison.eu/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Are You in Beta? (http://www.thegarrison.eu/forum/showthread.php?t=12952)

Spooks 01-08-2010 02:22 PM

Are You in Beta?

Hi, me again. Was just wondering if there were any TG people floating around in Cata beta? Could be fun to join up and test stuff together.

If you are there you can find me on any of these chars (add me!) :
  • Krumly - Gnome DK
  • Krumple - Goblin Rogue
  • Nimlil - Draenei Priest

It's on the Mekkatorque EU realm. If you want into the alliance guild <Fluffy Bunnies>, ask Boubouille to invite you. On horde side any member of <Random Guild> can inv you.

Hope to see you ingame!

:wave: Peace and love to everyone in TG, hope you are having a nice summer. Steven, are you a Dad yet? :O

Ciacco 01-08-2010 03:41 PM

How could you pick a draenei over gnome priest!?

Spooks 01-08-2010 07:49 PM

Because it's just my priest from live copied over to the test realm. ;) Don't worry, I fully understand and embrace the awesomeness that Gnome Priests will come to symbolize.

Falienia 01-08-2010 10:26 PM

sadly no, I haven't recieved any notice of being let in on the beta :( hope you enjoy it Rumil, and would love to join ya

Spooks 02-08-2010 11:00 AM

Incidentally, can anyone here smelt Elementium (learned from a book that drops in bwl)? I've got the mats and need 10 bars making. :D

Etheric 02-08-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooks (Post 122377)
Incidentally, can anyone here smelt Elementium (learned from a book that drops in bwl)? I've got the mats and need 10 bars making. :D

Was just about to correct you on the MC thing, but yeah they changed it.

Grats on the sword drops, you do a lot of MC or get lucky?

Smallpox 02-08-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etheric (Post 122379)
Was just about to correct you on the MC thing, but yeah they changed it.

Grats on the sword drops, you do a lot of MC or get lucky?

Hes a lucker :D

Spooks 03-08-2010 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smallpox (Post 122381)
Hes a lucker :D

Yeah this pretty much. How many times we did MC since we started farming, Crum? Like 6 or something haha. The flip side of that I guess is that people like Stuf and Knowyou hate my guts, lol.

We only need one more binding for Crum's Pala, even though he's a filthy Horde defector atm.

Smallpox 03-08-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooks (Post 122387)
Yeah this pretty much. How many times we did MC since we started farming, Crum? Like 6 or something haha

Yeah i would say about 6 or so runs - got 3 bindings in just over a month

Stufur 08-08-2010 10:01 PM

Hey all.
Saw the beta over at friends place the other night. Wasn't too impressed though. Same old content and slightly different maps. Goblins look cool but dunno about worgens. Never was a wolfman myself.

Stuf out but not the fire!

Ps
I dont hate you rums. one can only love gnomesies :-D
And check the guild achievement on garr.

Spooks 13-08-2010 10:39 AM

Hi Stuf! :D /salute

Tael... you dl'd the client yet?

Christa 06-09-2010 04:58 PM

Mmm, thought today that the beta was open already, could do character transfer and all...... but just now i found out this was for beta of WotLK...... doh, why do they still have this active on the site anyway?

Anyhoes.... how can i opt-in for the Cata beta?
Live servers are boring atm, it's all grinding gear that i'll never really use anyway.... :(

Mmm, found this myself:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

But logging in with battlenet account only gives a "file not found" error. So, no more opt-in i guess? /cry

Spooks 06-09-2010 08:05 PM

Christa 07-09-2010 07:09 AM

Thanks, that worked. Now, it's waiting for an email?
Any idea if new people are still being invited to beta? What are my chances :)

Blinky 07-09-2010 10:14 AM

I have been opted in for beta testing since I activated my Battle.net account. And not heard anything...

Herakles 07-09-2010 10:37 AM

Yeah, the same with me Blinky...

Spooks 07-09-2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christa (Post 123139)
Thanks, that worked. Now, it's waiting for an email?
Any idea if new people are still being invited to beta? What are my chances :)

I've been in all the expansion beta tests and they generally tend to start off small, then after the level cap is implemented (85 was just enabled late last week) and features start to get polished, they tend to send out invites thicker and faster until the population is quite large near the end of beta. This is naturally so they can stress test certain things and see how everything flows with a more realistic sized realm population.

I'd think most people who are opted in but not yet invited have a fair chance of maybe getting a lucky e-mail over the next few weeks.

You'll have to wait and see. :)

Good luck, maybe I'll see you there.

neenee 08-09-2010 08:33 AM

I got in a few days ago, but I'm not using it, as I don't want to spoil it for myself :P

That and my girlfriend might kill me if I did ;)

Spooks 08-09-2010 01:01 PM

Hehe. Too bad it's directly attached to the battlenet account, or you could have given your beta to Christa lol.

neenee 18-09-2010 11:16 AM

yup, gave my keys away previous years, but alas ;)