View Single Post
Old 19-10-2010   #40
Christa
Mad Pulling Priest

There's more to come!
WoW Characters

Done a few of the highest instances on Christa again last night. Now that i'm lvl 85, all spells cost a lot more, and healing is a lot harder! Even on some trash pulls, i had to completely spam heal my 72k mana pool dry in a matter of 30 seconds or so! Obviously, more CC will help in this department, but still, sweet mother of god! Archangel is not working properly still, so getting mana back is a matter of timing shadowfiend and Hymn correctly. Also, i'll probably be looking at spirit gear/gems/enchants to increase regen.
Healing, at least at the moment, definitely is a different ballgame compared to WotLK. Don't get me wrong, i love the challange, but people (mainly nonhealers) will have to learn that they don't get healed up quickly if at all, when they take damage. I've been spamhealing the tank at times, just to keep him up, leaving the rest of the party at low health.
Previously, you could heal up a tank from low health to full in 2-3 spells, this is also not the case anymore. Tanks have, lets say, ~100k HP. My greater heals go for 15k noncrit to 25k crit or so. So, it takes a lot of time (and mana, gr. heal is 5.5k mana) to heal someone up again. Definitely very different from WotLK.
Interesting times it will be, when Cata goes live and people start instancing!