View Single Post
Old 16-11-2011   #3
Cauth
Guild Leader

No playing, only posting.
WoW Characters

Skyrim is amazingly good. I love the huge world filled with random quests, dialogs and things to do.

Favourite case in point: I was wondering around one of the hold and ran into a child asking a woman if he could play with another kid. Eventually the woman tells him no, because the kid in question is a bit strange. I proceed to break into the kids house and find him trying to summon an assassin. He think he's succeed when he sees me, so I now have a quest to track down and kill someone because I stopped to listen to two NPCs.

I've done a bit of the main questline, a few of the Graybeard quests to get some new shouts, but mostly I've been working through the Companions quests. Good fun, although I wish people would stop giving me 2h axes...

I've only found two minor problems. Firstly is how long it takes to get read for combat when you're on your horse. Secondly I would have liked melee combat to be a bit more interactive. I found it comes down to healing spell in one hand, sword in the other and just click away. I think I've been a bit spoilt with Assassin's Creed combat...

However, I can suggest anyone not playing Skyrim gets it immediately. It's easily the best game out this year.