View Single Post
Old 17-11-2011   #5
Spooks
No playing, only posting.
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
I've only found two minor problems. Firstly is how long it takes to get read for combat when you're on your horse. Secondly I would have liked melee combat to be a bit more interactive. I found it comes down to healing spell in one hand, sword in the other and just click away. I think I've been a bit spoilt with Assassin's Creed combat...
I agree about the time it takes to dismount and fight people. It usually takes long enough that whatever it is I have stopped to kill has started fighting my horse, which in some cases causes the horse to chase the thing away from me. So that is a little bit awkward yes.

Melee combat I've found quite enjoyable, going with a sword and shield approach mostly. I've been quite impressed with how much a fight can depend on well timed blocks, bashes and power attacks. One thing I really love is how effective it can be using the right poison for the right situation on your weapon. A quick whirlwind sprint to close a gap and a strong dose of lingering drain magika poison can really put those evil casters to sleep.

Oh and sneak attack archery is AWESOME!

Multiplayer shenanigans with a side order of smut!
Spooks is offline   Reply With Quote