View Single Post
Old 21-10-2010   #43
Christa
Mad Pulling Priest

There's more to come!
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leei View Post
I remember reading that the idea in Cata is for no one to be at full health , most of the raid will be injured all of the time , even the tanks .

Lots of constant damage and no , nearly dead to full health healing , just a matter of triage, and keepin the tank as high a possible , i like the sound of this, but im sure it will bring on a swearing fit of mammoth proportions when i have to heal on my Priest lol.
And for non healers it's no more standing in stuff and not being worried as ill catch a heal soon ..those days are gone i think
You are completely right, Leei. At least, at the moment, this is very much the case for 5mans. Triage is the name of the game, i've found myself keeping the tank high enough, keeping myself alive, and then just saving mana for the next heal (/oom), without being able to do any healing on the dps. It's a completely different state of mind people will need to get used to.
I'm sure pushing cooldowns as a tank will also become more pro-active (omg i used that word!), instead of only pushing it once you're already low on health. At least, that's what i normally did

Erina, amazing how much you have bound! (and yes, i've known this for longer)
I only play with keys 1-5 or 6 or so, and the rest, i click. I definitely don't use all the spells in my arsenal as well. Things like "heal", which was supposed to make a comeback, seems pretty useless at the moment. The heal is tiny (4k, 6k crit) and slow (2.5sec?). Although i must check the HP/mana ratio on that one, maybe i need to use it more for mana saving reasons. But it seems in 5man, the fights are so quick, that i don't really have 2.5seconds spare time to only push out a 4k heal. HPS just needs to be quicker.

Archangel as disc is still bugged, giving me about 3.2k mana for a 5-stack. Bloody annoying...
Did get myself http://cata.wowhead.com/item=58483 made on Christa last night, now self buffed at 90k HP, which seems pretty much baseline for anyone at lvl 85.
Ow, and Hadnor dinged 85 too last night. Levelling really doesn't take that long at all