Go Back   The Garrison Forums > Public Forums > The Garrison Visitor's Center

The Garrison Visitor's Center Got something to share with us or just want to say hi to The Garrison? This is the place.

Old 16-11-2011   #1
Spooks
No playing, only posting.
WoW Characters

Default Skyrim: You Need It In Your Life!

Anyone here got The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim yet? We've all been playing it since it launched on PC and all I can say is WOW! This is the best damned RPG, possibly the best video game, I've ever played.

It's obviously taking place in an open world fantasy landscape, but that world is so huge and packed with content that I'm not even sure if anyone can ever truly hope to discover all of it. It's full of engaging gameplay and exploration and the skills are really adaptive, meaning you can simply do whatever you want to do without getting locked into one play style.

Seriously, if you don't have this game, you are missing out. I think everyone on my steam list has been playing this every night since it came out. I do recommend playing with an xbox controller, though, especially since the UI is set up mainly for console and just works with a controller better.

So who else has been playing? What have you been playing as and what quest chains have you done?

Multiplayer shenanigans with a side order of smut!
Spooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2011   #2
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

Send a message via Skype™ to Blinky

I have been playing for almost 30 hours now >.< An I have bare started the main quest line. This game is huge!
Old 16-11-2011   #3
Cauth
Guild Leader

WoW Characters

Skyrim is amazingly good. I love the huge world filled with random quests, dialogs and things to do.

Favourite case in point: I was wondering around one of the hold and ran into a child asking a woman if he could play with another kid. Eventually the woman tells him no, because the kid in question is a bit strange. I proceed to break into the kids house and find him trying to summon an assassin. He think he's succeed when he sees me, so I now have a quest to track down and kill someone because I stopped to listen to two NPCs.

I've done a bit of the main questline, a few of the Graybeard quests to get some new shouts, but mostly I've been working through the Companions quests. Good fun, although I wish people would stop giving me 2h axes...

I've only found two minor problems. Firstly is how long it takes to get read for combat when you're on your horse. Secondly I would have liked melee combat to be a bit more interactive. I found it comes down to healing spell in one hand, sword in the other and just click away. I think I've been a bit spoilt with Assassin's Creed combat...

However, I can suggest anyone not playing Skyrim gets it immediately. It's easily the best game out this year.
Old 17-11-2011   #4
Denomay
Gamer extraordinaire

Top Poster!
WoW Characters

Send a message via ICQ to Denomay Send a message via Skype™ to Denomay

Got it on the PC the day it launched. I've only played a little part of it so far because of rl affairs, but this coming weekend I should be able to put some hours into the game. Love it so far....the amount of lore in the game is crazy. It's going to take me ages to read all of it

Denomay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011   #5
Spooks
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauthon View Post
I've only found two minor problems. Firstly is how long it takes to get read for combat when you're on your horse. Secondly I would have liked melee combat to be a bit more interactive. I found it comes down to healing spell in one hand, sword in the other and just click away. I think I've been a bit spoilt with Assassin's Creed combat...
I agree about the time it takes to dismount and fight people. It usually takes long enough that whatever it is I have stopped to kill has started fighting my horse, which in some cases causes the horse to chase the thing away from me. So that is a little bit awkward yes.

Melee combat I've found quite enjoyable, going with a sword and shield approach mostly. I've been quite impressed with how much a fight can depend on well timed blocks, bashes and power attacks. One thing I really love is how effective it can be using the right poison for the right situation on your weapon. A quick whirlwind sprint to close a gap and a strong dose of lingering drain magika poison can really put those evil casters to sleep.

Oh and sneak attack archery is AWESOME!

Old 17-11-2011   #6
Rodrigo
Gnome Maniac

Top Poster!
WoW Characters

Default A Ridiculous Comparison Between Skyrim and World of Warcraft

How does Skyrim, one of the biggest single-player RPGs around, stack up against World of Warcraft, the most popular MMO? Look no further than WoW web comic The Daily Blink's take on the comparison, which highlights what are clearly the most important aspects of each game.

After all, what really defines a game aside from what one can do to the poultry?

Wow-Skyrim.jpg

Source:

http://kotaku.com/5860102/a-ridiculo...ld-of-warcraft
Old 17-11-2011   #7
Spooks
WoW Characters

Lol

Old 17-11-2011   #8
Taelan

Avid Poster

I am loving it. Played Morrowind and all its expansions but for some reason I didn't like Oblivion. Skyrim however is fantastic.

I just wish there was at least a co-op multiplayer option.
Taelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2011   #9
Spooks
WoW Characters

Yeah. I was talking with Robski and Phar about that last night, some form of multiplayer option would have been awesome. Of course, once you head towards a more mmo style version of a game like this, you have to worry a lot more about balancing out all the abilities. But at least the option of doing co-op mode dungeons would be swell.

At the very least I think Skyrim throws down a massive gauntlet in terms of what future rpgs and mmorpgs need to achieve in order to be serious contenders.

Old 18-11-2011   #10
Visjeplus

Top Poster!

Installing....... o you have made me really curious......

Sashumi (Monk Tank), well almost Sashimi, which is almost a chinese (its Japanese) fishdish..... So combine Fish with Food (as pandas like food) and you get the name.....
Muraena (DK Tank) as in Muraenidae as in Moray eel which is a sort of sea fish (vis in Dutch) which look like the Draenei chin tenticals, far-fetched?
Ravis (Druid Tank)
Vismanar (Gnome Priest)
Visjeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2011   #11
Pallaemo

Super Poster
WoW Characters

i'm currently leel 21, specced almost all in one-handed weapons/heavyarmor. i went for the brute/barbarian type of character. but since i joined the empire my thougths on becoming a thief/rogue is getting more tempting. i like the idea of sneaking in to peoples houses while they're asleep, and then stab them in the back. (only ingame! i'm no phsyco irl;>)
Pallaemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2012   #12
Liaso

Default Skyrim is very cool

Hi all,

Yes Skyrim is definitly a hit. Great RPG with a lot of freedom. Iam currently level 46 and still enjoying the game. I play it on the PS3.

Nice to see there are more people enjoying the game.

gr Liaso
Liaso is offline   Reply With Quote