Go Back   The Garrison Forums > Public Forums > The Garrison Visitor's Center

The Garrison Visitor's Center Got something to share with us or just want to say hi to The Garrison? This is the place.

Old 17-04-2011   #1
Spooks
No playing, only posting.
WoW Characters

Default Hey

Just happened on the tg bookmark in my browser and thought I would see how it is going. Was pleased to see all the cool pics on the front page, well done on the kills. It's nice knowing tg is going strong as ever.

I've not played WoW myself for several months now. Rob, Blink and I really enjoyed the leveling experience and had some laughs in the heroics, but we sort of lost interest more and more after that; not having the determination to do the endgame progression. We got more drawn into playing Minecraft on Robski's server and doing some other games like Magicka (I think Rob and Blink got really into Battlefield at some point too). If anyone ever feels like doing some other games with us, just poke us on steam (we're all in the garrison steam group with phar, proto, eth etc).

I just wanted to take this chance to also finally say sorry for acting like an utter ass at times. Getting caught up in silly online dramas is never really a good thing and didn't really bring out my best; so yeah, I am sorry for the grief there. That's all I'll say on that.

I can't see myself coming back to WoW any time soon, but maybe some day. In any case, I would like to be able to keep some form of contact. I know not everyone here may want that, and I understand that completely. Whatever happens, good luck for future raids and bosses and all the rest.

Tiny.

Multiplayer shenanigans with a side order of smut!
Spooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2011   #2
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

Send a message via Skype™ to Blinky

Yeah, come join us in other games Or if you just want to get spammed with stupid links on Skype.
Old 18-04-2011   #3
Lusinia
PVP4Life

Forum Addict

I was not aware there was a steam group, what are the details for it
Old 18-04-2011   #4
Spooks
WoW Characters

It seems to be invite-only, but if you give me (Timbob) or Blinky a poke on steam we can invite you. It's mostly made up of people who aren't playing wow any more, but there's quite a few of us there. We play all sorts of games.

Old 18-04-2011   #5
Etheric
Retired Captain

How do you kill that which has no life?

Hi,

Should try to grab you on steam sometime and say hi. Not playing wow either. I have no idea how I ever managed to find time for that game. I certainally don't now. Would have been nice to see some bosses go down, but getting the gear in a state to raid with, keeping up with consumables and the rest takes a lot of playtime.

These days I am playing a lot of bloodbowl, but that is not very social. Will have to grab Blinky and play some more alien swarm. Looks a cool game. Could use some more multiplayer action, coop multiplayer is the best bit of wow.

Not sure what to make of Star Wars : The Old Republic, you got any opinion on that one spooks? Probably not got the time for it anyway though.
Etheric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2011   #6
Spooks
WoW Characters

swtor hmmm... I'd rather not get involved in another mmo hehe. It looks interesting with it's 'original mechanics' etc, but they haven't got me interested enough to try it. I'm looking forward to D3.

You should try Magicka if you haven't already, it's like a fantasy rpg that doesn't take itself serious at all; but it's incredibly challenging 'cause of all the potential combinations of elements you use to make spells (and if you use the wrong combinations, like lightening in water, you damage yourself lol). There are check points in the levels, which you 'res' at, but if you quit the game you start at the beginning of the level (levels are huge), so it's really kinda brutal hehe.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 18-04-2011   #7
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

My steamID is mfrogner if anyone wants to add me.
Old 19-04-2011   #8
Stufur

Top Poster!

Hello there little gnome. Im not really playing wow atm either.
Got into Rift abit but its basically wow2, just different zones/dungeons/classes so i doubt ill renew the subscribtion.

Im not gonna play SWToR either coz this video is just stupid:
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...er-walkthrough
Han Solo a healer? i think not.

That leaves D3 which I hope will be good.

p.s.
you wouldnt happen to live in Scotland? ill be there in september
Stufur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2011   #9
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

Yeah, SWToR just looks like wow in space.
I'm curious about TERA and Guild wars 2. Hope one of those will be fun. And GW2 dont have any subscription fees.
Old 19-04-2011   #10
Spooks
WoW Characters

I don't live in Scotland, hehe. But even if I did, Scotland is a pretty huge place, with not the best road network and some rough terrain, so you'd have to be in the same area generally if you wanted to make a visit to someone.

If your feeling really adventurous you could take a detour from Scotland down into Cheshire.

Old 03-05-2011   #11
Thereyna

Forum Addict
WoW Characters

I only have Blinky as a friend on Steam, so feel free to poke vilitza if you want.
Plus, I don't know if Jouli told you already, Rums, but I saw you online in WOW a few days ago and we think your account might be hacked. So you may want to check that.

Thereyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011   #12
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

Nah, he caved, and logged in himself:P
Old 29-05-2011   #13
Spooks
WoW Characters

Haha, yeah, Blizz gave me a three day trial, so then I played a bit and decided to buy a month to level my Priest up to 85. But when I got to 85 I couldn't be bothered/wasn't interested in gearing up, so I unsubbed again hehe.

By the way... We have a nice little gang of us now playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 regularly, so if anyone has that game on the PC feel free to join us. I am so looking forward to Battlefield 3, too! Also, we have been messing around a lot in Terraria, on Rob's server.

Old 30-05-2011   #14
Etheric
Retired Captain

Cool will hvae to grab you when you play BC2. I really suck at the game, and have not even finished the single player campaign, but can join and you can kill me lots and lots.

How does the MP work?
Old 30-05-2011   #15
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

Just poke me on skype and I will add you to our battlefield chat there. That way you will know when we play
Old 03-06-2011   #16
Spooks
WoW Characters

Yea we have quite a few people in our battlefield Skype convo now, so we just shout out in there whenever we wanna shoot some foolz. I don't think I have your Skype, so I can't add you, but if Blinky has it he can do it ofc.

Old 03-06-2011   #17
Blinky
Supreme Post-a-holic
WoW Characters

I already added him, so whenever he logs on he will be spammed with hundreds of messages
Old 07-06-2011   #18
Etheric
Retired Captain

Hmm I had to reinstall my computer, so I have to reinstall skype too.

Can you PM me my skype account name , I will have to get a password reset. Skype for whatever reason want strong passwords, whcih I can can make, but I never remember what I set them to.
Old 19-09-2011   #19
Spooks
WoW Characters

We've been having fun in the new Minecraft update lately...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 20-09-2011   #20
Spooks
WoW Characters

If you've pre-ordered Battlefield 3, early beta access starts next Tuesday. So excited!